Alyson is a popular public speaker who brings the age-old topic of parenting to a twenty-first century audience of educated, enlightened and motivated parents.
Her style is fast and witty, her information grounded in theory and research.
Whether speaking to an audience of parents, presenting workshops to caregivers, or giving a keynote address, Alyson educates, inspires and entertains.
If you need a seasoned speaker who can engage an audience as well as answer the tough "how-to" questions of discipline, Alyson delivers real value in an edu-tainment format that will leave your audience raving.
1. "Democratic Parenting 101"
This talk addresses why parenting is so difficult today. Alyson offers a new way to think about our roles as parents, highlighting the fundamental "dos and donts of parenting" and offering some sound advice on issues that parents can apply immediately.
2. "Why Do My Children Keep Doing That?"
This session is very interactive in style. Using different types of hats as metaphors for the reasons children misbehave, parents and teachers are taught how to crack the code of their children’s misbehaviour and come to an understanding of:
- the child’s hidden motivation
- the child’s “true belief” that is being expressed
- the way parents and teachers unknowingly react in ways that maintain or worsen the misbehaviour
This workshop is always popular as parents and teachers see children in a much more positive and encouraging manner. Time is spent offering solutions that can be implemented immediately both at home and school.
3. "Dealing with Sibling Rivalry"
This presentation will discuss the special relationship that siblings have and the underlying dynamics that can fuel the fights between them. Parents will learn ways to diminish rather than intensify competition and rivalry and move towards more harmonious and loving relationships within the family.
4. "Power Struggles: Who is in charge here anyway?"
A presentation that will shed light on why parents and children lock horns in power struggles! Parents will learn ways to move from a win / loose conflict situation to one of cooperation and problem solving. Specific skills will be introduced.
5. Briefcase, Bibs and Booties
6. Honey, I Wrecked The Kids
7. Raising The Responsible Child
8. Breaking The "Good Mom" Myth
A question and answer period follows each presentation.
To inquire about cost, availability and to book Alyson to speak, please contact her directly.
- Nov 15: Pleasantville School
- Nov 10: Parenting Bootcamp with Alyson Schafer (Toronto)
- Oct 25: Guest Appearance on "Save Us From Our House"
- Oct 17: McMillan Binch Mendelsohn LLP
- Oct 04: Double Trouble on Save Us From Our House
- Sep 30: South Carolina Adlerian Conference
- Sep 26: Torys LLP
- Sep 20: Immaculate Conception - Woodbridge
- Sep 12: CIBC Mellon
- Jul 01: Today's Parent Magazine - Mommy Guilt
- Jun 19: Keynote - AGM for Family, Youth and Child Services of Muskoka
- Jun 02: Quickie Workshop "Intro To Democratic Parenting"
- May 29: Immaculate Conception - Woodbridge
- May 24: NASAP Conference Vancouver BC
- May 16: Glenview Mumnet Group
- May 10: Richmond Rose and Redstone Public Schools
- May 06: Oshawa - Rainbows Speakers Series - Breaking The Good Mom Myth
- May 05: Bloorview McMillian Centre- Family Connections
- May 03: St Mary's Secondary School - Coburg
- Apr 26: Richland Academy "Responsibility" - Children are Capable Too!
- Apr 24: Mississauga - Rainbows Speakers Series - Breaking The Good Mom Myth
- Apr 23: ICS School Parenting Class (Closed Event)
- Apr 19: Westbrook Community Centre - Richmond Hill
- Apr 18: The Globe and Mail
- Apr 15: Barrie - Rainbows Speakers Series - Breaking The Good Mom Myth
- Apr 12: Newmarket - Rainbows Speakers Series - Breaking The Good Mom Myth
- Apr 03: City TV's Breakfast Television
- Mar 31: Quickie Workshop "Intro To Democratic Parenting"
- Mar 29: Advanced Workshop for Course Grads
- Mar 27: Introduction to Democratic Parenting (Toronto)
- Mar 06: Blakes Cassels and Graydon
- Mar 02: Fairlawn Mother's Group
- Mar 01: Alyson Quoted in Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Mar 01: Encouragment & Power Struggles at NTEYLC
- Feb 24: Quickie Workshop: "Intro To Democratic Parenting"
- Feb 15: Save Us From Our House! Episode 2 "Where Did the Love Go"
- Feb 15: Perfectionism: The Workshop to " Breaking The Good Mom Myth"
- Feb 01: City Life Magazine - "Our Siblings Our Selves" Birth Order Theory
- Feb 01: Canadian Living Magazine - Career Planning For Teens
- Jan 29: Introduction to Democratic Parenting (Aurora)
- Jan 24: Breaking The Good Mom Myth
- Jan 22: Power Struggles Workshop at The Informed Parent
- Jan 21: Potty Training on CFRB's The Parent Coach
- Jan 20: Toronto Star Article By Trish Crawford
- Jan 17: CBC Radio One Maritime Noon
- Jan 16: Intro To Democratic Parenting (Toronto)
- Jan 14: Interview With Dr Jerry Brodlie
- Dec 02: Sold Out Course Adds New Date for Quickie Basics Course
- Nov 27: Global TV - 6pm News Hour - Calgary
- Nov 27: CJSW Radio - Calgary
- Nov 27: AM 1140 - Calgary
- Nov 27: Shaw TV - Calgary
- Nov 27: Global TV - Breakfast Edition - Calgary
- Nov 21: Sick Kid's Hospital
- Nov 16: Bringing Home Baby
- Nov 04: Quickie Basics Workshop Covers It ALL in 3 Hours!
- Nov 02: Balaclava Public School
- Oct 03: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto) Evenings
- Sep 19: Ford Canada
- Sep 18: Global News - Homework
- Sep 17: The Durham Baby and Toddler Show
- Sep 07: Roger's Fall Launch
- Sep 05: Thumb Wars - Canadian Family Magazine
- Apr 20: Cottingham Public School - 4 C's Every Child Needs
- Apr 19: Discipline Do's and Don'ts at Elgin West Community Centre
- Apr 18: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto) Evenings
- Apr 06: Dealing with Your Parenting Gremlins
- Mar 25: Added Afternoon Class: Ella Centre For Pregnancy
- Mar 25: Ella Centre For Pregnancy & Parenting
- Feb 25: Canadian Living Magazine
- Feb 21: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Aurora) Evenings
- Feb 18: Ella Centre For Pregnancy & Parenting
- Feb 13: Open House - Looking For An Adlerian Nursery?
- Feb 04: Adlerian Parenting Event
- Jan 31: Amgen Canada
- Jan 26: North Toronto Early Years Learning Centre - Castlefield Campus
- Jan 10: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto) Evenings
- Nov 09: Sibling Rivalry Presentation at Institute of Child Studies
- Nov 08: Alyson Appears on Daytime Live at IKEA Vaughn
- Nov 01: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto) Evenings (SOLD OUT)
- Oct 20: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Aurora)
- Sep 21: Presentation At Eli Lilly Canada
- Sep 21: Managing Change and Transitions
- Sep 19: The Parenting Show Airs Today
- Aug 16: Parents at Work
- Jun 04: Parenting Panel at Chapters - Indigo
- May 31: Potty Training and Picky Eaters
- May 29: BabyTime and Parenting Show
- May 28: BabyTime and Parenting Show
- May 27: BabyTime and Parenting Show
- May 26: Sharpen Your Tools
- May 19: Power Struggles
- May 11: Parents at Work
- May 05: Logical and Natural Consequences
- Apr 25: Parents At Work
- Apr 21: Sharpen Your Tools
- Apr 14: Why Do My Children Keep Doing That?
- Apr 07: Why Do My Children Keep Doing That?
- Apr 05: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto)
- Apr 04: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Aurora)
- Mar 29: Leo Baeck Day School
- Mar 28: Sharpen Your Tools
- Mar 08: "Power Struggles: Who is in charge here anyway?"
- Mar 08: "Toilet Training and Picky Eaters"
- Mar 07: "Power Struggles: Who is in charge here anyway?"
- Mar 02: Open House at the North Toronto Early Years Learning Centre
- Feb 28: 4 Crucial C's Every Child Needs to Succeed
- Feb 21: Sharpen Your Tools
- Feb 04: Intro to Democratic Parenting (Toronto)